Pedophile doctor Earl Bradley won't face additional charges
DOVER, Del. - March 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors have decided not to pursue remaining charges against a former Delaware pediatrician serving life in prison for molesting scores of young patients.
Fifty-nine-year-old Earl Bradley is serving 14 life sentences for child rape after being convicted in 2011. A judge convicted him after viewing more than 13 hours of homemade videos showing sex crimes against more than 80 victims. That conviction stemmed from a 471-count indictment based on those videos.
A subsequent indictment, based on interviews of possible victims, accused Bradley of more than 50 additional criminal counts.
Officials said Monday they would not pursue those charges. They noted that Bradley already is behind bars for life and a trial on those charges would require the young victims and their parents to testify publicly with Bradley in the courtroom.
delaware, dr. earl bradley, child abuse, child sex assault, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 38 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 17 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 17 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 32 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases