Traffic light vandal wanted green all the time, police say
MILFORD, Del. - March 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Delaware man has been charged with tampering with traffic lights in Milford.
The News Journal of Wilmington reports 49-year-old Stephen R. Chike of Bridgeville was arrested Saturday after he opened a light control box at the intersection of U.S. 113 and Del. 14 and switched the lights to manual.
The switch left the lights so they stayed on green only for U.S. 113 traffic.
Chike was charged with two counts of reckless endangering, disorderly conduct and interfering with a traffic control device.
delaware, vandalism, travel, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ