Traffic light vandal wanted green all the time, police say
MILFORD, Del. - March 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Delaware man has been charged with tampering with traffic lights in Milford.
The News Journal of Wilmington reports 49-year-old Stephen R. Chike of Bridgeville was arrested Saturday after he opened a light control box at the intersection of U.S. 113 and Del. 14 and switched the lights to manual.
The switch left the lights so they stayed on green only for U.S. 113 traffic.
Chike was charged with two counts of reckless endangering, disorderly conduct and interfering with a traffic control device.
delaware, vandalism, travel, local/state
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J. 45 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm 24 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 52 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges 17 min ago
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos 36 min ago
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft 4 min ago
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 32 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church 18 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in...
17 min ago
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in...
36 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in...
45 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos