Traffic light vandal wanted green all the time, police say
MILFORD, Del. - March 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Delaware man has been charged with tampering with traffic lights in Milford.
The News Journal of Wilmington reports 49-year-old Stephen R. Chike of Bridgeville was arrested Saturday after he opened a light control box at the intersection of U.S. 113 and Del. 14 and switched the lights to manual.
The switch left the lights so they stayed on green only for U.S. 113 traffic.
Chike was charged with two counts of reckless endangering, disorderly conduct and interfering with a traffic control device.
delaware, vandalism, travel, local/state
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing 8 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more