2 arrested in Philadelphia prostitution sting
PHILADELPHIA - March 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two men are under arrest following a prostitution investigation at a Philadelphia hotel.
Police say they received a tip on Wednesday that prostitution was taking place inside the Roosevelt Inn at 7600 Roosevelt Boulevard.
At 9:45 p.m. Friday, Philadelphia Police and the FBI conducted a sting at the location, resulting in two arrests.
Emanuel Banks, 22 of the 1600 block of Margaret Street was charged with prostitution and related offenses.
Christopher Powell, 30, of the 200 block of Watson Road in Sharon Hill, was arrested on narcotics charges.
philadelphia, prostitution, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry 57 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia 30 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash 46 min ago
- Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
29 min ago