Water employee impersonator burglarizes 82-year-old Wilmington woman
WILMINGTON - March 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are looking for a burglary suspect who is posing as a water company employee.
The burglary happened around 5:00 p.m. yesterday in Wilmington.
An 82-year-old homeowner let the suspect in after he claimed to work for the water company.
Police say while the victim was in her basement with one suspect, an accomplice entered the home, took several items and fled.
"They went through everything. I don't know how they did so much and took so much in such a short time," the victim told Action News.
Delaware State Police say homeowners should ask for identification before allowing an unexpected worker into their home.
delaware, wilmington, burglary, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home 21 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Police raid alleged chop shop in South Philadelphia 29 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep