Water employee impersonator burglarizes 82-year-old Wilmington woman
WILMINGTON - March 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are looking for a burglary suspect who is posing as a water company employee.
The burglary happened around 5:00 p.m. yesterday in Wilmington.
An 82-year-old homeowner let the suspect in after he claimed to work for the water company.
Police say while the victim was in her basement with one suspect, an accomplice entered the home, took several items and fled.
"They went through everything. I don't know how they did so much and took so much in such a short time," the victim told Action News.
Delaware State Police say homeowners should ask for identification before allowing an unexpected worker into their home.
delaware, wilmington, burglary, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight 44 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ