Water employee impersonator burglarizes 82-year-old Wilmington woman
WILMINGTON - March 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are looking for a burglary suspect who is posing as a water company employee.
The burglary happened around 5:00 p.m. yesterday in Wilmington.
An 82-year-old homeowner let the suspect in after he claimed to work for the water company.
Police say while the victim was in her basement with one suspect, an accomplice entered the home, took several items and fled.
"They went through everything. I don't know how they did so much and took so much in such a short time," the victim told Action News.
Delaware State Police say homeowners should ask for identification before allowing an unexpected worker into their home.
delaware, wilmington, burglary, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92 53 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos