Navy sailor burned at Pa. homecoming party dies
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. (AP) - March 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Navy sailor burned in an accident during a homecoming party in suburban Philadelphia has died.
The Intelligencer of Doylestown reports 31-year-old Petty Officer 2nd Class Pasquale Troisi died of his injuries Monday.
Family members say Troisi was living in Santee, Calif., and had returned to the Warminster area to visit family and friends after a tour of duty in Afghanistan. He was at a backyard party in Upper Moreland on Feb. 22 when someone poured gasoline on logs in a chiminea to try to get them to burn.
The fumes ignited, engulfing Troisi in flames.
The family says he suffered burns over more than 75 percent of his body and had been in a medically induced coma for the past three weeks at Temple University Hospital.
fire, bucks county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 22 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ