Home invasion suspects told victims they were cops
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - March 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are looking for two men who pulled off a home invasion by reportedly telling the victims they were police officers.
It happened inside a home on the 7200 block of Vandike Street in Northeast Philadelphia.
Detectives say the suspects dressed in black and had flashlights and semi-automatic weapons.
They then allegedly took a safe with $5,000 to $10,000 worth of silver coins and left.
The victims were not hurt.
home invasion, northeast philadelphia, robbery, philadelphia, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases