Home invasion suspects told victims they were cops
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - March 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are looking for two men who pulled off a home invasion by reportedly telling the victims they were police officers.
It happened inside a home on the 7200 block of Vandike Street in Northeast Philadelphia.
Detectives say the suspects dressed in black and had flashlights and semi-automatic weapons.
They then allegedly took a safe with $5,000 to $10,000 worth of silver coins and left.
The victims were not hurt.
home invasion, northeast philadelphia, robbery, philadelphia, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover 53 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish