Home invasion suspects told victims they were cops
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - March 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are looking for two men who pulled off a home invasion by reportedly telling the victims they were police officers.
It happened inside a home on the 7200 block of Vandike Street in Northeast Philadelphia.
Detectives say the suspects dressed in black and had flashlights and semi-automatic weapons.
They then allegedly took a safe with $5,000 to $10,000 worth of silver coins and left.
The victims were not hurt.
home invasion, northeast philadelphia, robbery, philadelphia, local/state
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 1 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
36 min ago