Manayunk restaurant burglary caught on video (PHOTOS)
MANAYUNK - March 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are looking for the two men who burglarized a popular restaurant in the city's Manayunk section.
It was 4:11 a.m. Monday when cameras captured the two men casing the exterior of The Couch Tomato Bistro, located at 102 Rector Street.
Several minutes later the same men pulled up in a late model custom conversion van, possible a Dodge.
The suspects entered the business through a rear door and once inside, stole money from cash registers. They also loaded a safe onto a shopping cart and carried it out.
The suspects fled the area in an unknown direction on Main Street.
The first suspect is described as a white male, 30-40 years-of-age, stocky build, wearing a blue baseball cap, blue and gray zip up jacket, blue jeans and black and white sneakers. The suspect also has a tattoo on the back of his neck just at the hair line.
The second suspect is described as a white male, 20 years-of-age, thin build, unshaven with goatee, blue baseball cap, blue zip up hooded jacket, dark pants and black sneakers. The suspect also walks with a hitch in his step.
If you have any information about the identity and/or whereabouts of the suspects you are asked to contact police. To submit a tip, dial 215-686-8477 or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
manayunk, philadelphia, burglary, local/state
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 30 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Police officer's SUV stolen with gun, badge
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's
- Video: First dog knocks down toddler at White House