Manayunk restaurant burglary caught on video (PHOTOS)
MANAYUNK - March 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are looking for the two men who burglarized a popular restaurant in the city's Manayunk section.
It was 4:11 a.m. Monday when cameras captured the two men casing the exterior of The Couch Tomato Bistro, located at 102 Rector Street.
Several minutes later the same men pulled up in a late model custom conversion van, possible a Dodge.
The suspects entered the business through a rear door and once inside, stole money from cash registers. They also loaded a safe onto a shopping cart and carried it out.
The suspects fled the area in an unknown direction on Main Street.
The first suspect is described as a white male, 30-40 years-of-age, stocky build, wearing a blue baseball cap, blue and gray zip up jacket, blue jeans and black and white sneakers. The suspect also has a tattoo on the back of his neck just at the hair line.
The second suspect is described as a white male, 20 years-of-age, thin build, unshaven with goatee, blue baseball cap, blue zip up hooded jacket, dark pants and black sneakers. The suspect also walks with a hitch in his step.
If you have any information about the identity and/or whereabouts of the suspects you are asked to contact police. To submit a tip, dial 215-686-8477 or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
manayunk, philadelphia, burglary, local/state
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad