Suspicious package found in Center City building
CENTER CITY - March 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Rescuers were called to the Wanamaker building in Center City for a suspicious package.
Philadelphia police and firefighters were called to the building at 1300 Market Street around noon Tuesday.
The package was on the 11th floor of the building.
Part of the building was evacuated for about an hour while the package was removed.
The package was determined to be non hazardous and people were able to return.
Two people were taken to area hospitals for observation then released.
The incident is under investigation.
philadelphia, center city, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app 49 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors 13 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million 6 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co. 17 min ago
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering