Suspicious package found in Center City building
CENTER CITY - March 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Rescuers were called to the Wanamaker building in Center City for a suspicious package.
Philadelphia police and firefighters were called to the building at 1300 Market Street around noon Tuesday.
The package was on the 11th floor of the building.
Part of the building was evacuated for about an hour while the package was removed.
The package was determined to be non hazardous and people were able to return.
Two people were taken to area hospitals for observation then released.
The incident is under investigation.
philadelphia, center city, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis 38 min ago
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea 44 min ago
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 36 min ago
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 22 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
8 min ago