Suspicious package found in Center City building
CENTER CITY - March 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Rescuers were called to the Wanamaker building in Center City for a suspicious package.
Philadelphia police and firefighters were called to the building at 1300 Market Street around noon Tuesday.
The package was on the 11th floor of the building.
Part of the building was evacuated for about an hour while the package was removed.
The package was determined to be non hazardous and people were able to return.
Two people were taken to area hospitals for observation then released.
The incident is under investigation.
philadelphia, center city, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with Taxi Cab in Olney 31 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Clouds to sun, cool today
58 min ago