Suspicious package found in Center City building
CENTER CITY - March 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Rescuers were called to the Wanamaker building in Center City for a suspicious package.
Philadelphia police and firefighters were called to the building at 1300 Market Street around noon Tuesday.
The package was on the 11th floor of the building.
Part of the building was evacuated for about an hour while the package was removed.
The package was determined to be non hazardous and people were able to return.
Two people were taken to area hospitals for observation then released.
The incident is under investigation.
philadelphia, center city, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 7 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
7 min ago
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
7 min ago