Suspicious package found in Center City building
CENTER CITY - March 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Rescuers were called to the Wanamaker building in Center City for a suspicious package.
Philadelphia police and firefighters were called to the building at 1300 Market Street around noon Tuesday.
The package was on the 11th floor of the building.
Part of the building was evacuated for about an hour while the package was removed.
The package was determined to be non hazardous and people were able to return.
Two people were taken to area hospitals for observation then released.
The incident is under investigation.
philadelphia, center city, local/state
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla
- AccuWeather: Damp and cooler 46 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Probe into Conn. train crash giving way to cleanup 37 min ago
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in 27 min ago
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years 48 min ago
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list