Mom, daughter walk in on burglary in Birmingham Twp; 2 arrested
BIRMINGHAM TWP., Pa. - March 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two teenagers have been arrested for a burglary that was thwarted when a mom and daughter came home.
Alexander Granger, 18, of the 1300 block Fieldpoint Drive in Birmingham Twp. and Daniel Walston, 17, of the 200 block of Glenrose Road in Coatesville have been charged with robbery, burglary and related charges.
Walston is being charged as an adult.
Both are being held after failing to post $75,000 cash bail.
Chester County District Attorney Tom Hogan said it was shortly before 3:00 p.m. Tuesday when the mother and daughter arrived at their home in the 600 block of General Weedon Drive in Birmingham Township.
When they went inside, investigators say, they encountered Granger and Walston who allegedly pointed guns at them.
One of the women escaped, ran outside, and called 911 as Granger and Walston allegedly fled the home.
Police arrived and searched the area, and eventually found them inside the home of Granger's mother, just 150 yards away.
"When law-abiding citizens walk in on a burglary, it is extraordinarily dangerous. The criminals could resort to violence, as they did here. The citizens could kill the intruders. We were fortunate in this case that the victims escaped unharmed and law enforcement quickly captured these two criminals," Hogan said in a statement.
In the basement, police say they found .357 Magnum revolvers and items stolen from the victims, including a checkbook, electronics and a watch. Police say they also found a trash can, stolen from the burglarized home, whch was used to transport the items.
pennsylvania, chester county, home invasion, local/state
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges 32 min ago
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape...
32 min ago