Arrest in deadly birthday hit and run in Fishtown
PHILADELPHIA - March 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have made an arrest in a hit-and-run accident that killed a Fishtown man on his birthday two years ago.
26-year-old Robert Sickman of the 2600 block of Almond Street has been charged with driving under the influence and causing an accident involving death.
It happened in April 2011.
William McCue was walking home after celebrating his 28th birthday with friends when he was struck and killed in the 2500 block of Richmond Street.
Investigators later determined McCue rode the hood of the car that struck him for 50 feet before falling to the ground.
An off-duty Philadelphia police officer found him lying in the street at 2:30 a.m.
McCue was rushed to Hahnemann Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police say the striking vehicle was recovered the next morning.
A lengthy investigation finally led them to Sickman, who turned himself in on Tuesday.
hit and run, pedestrian struck, accident, homicide, fishtown, north philadelphia, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 6 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 27 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 29 min ago
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion 9 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 39 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 32 min ago
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster 19 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 38 min ago
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed 40 min ago
- Video: Pa. contender iin Sriracha search for new... 29 min ago
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
6 min ago
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
22 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
27 min ago