Arrest in deadly birthday hit and run in Fishtown
PHILADELPHIA - March 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have made an arrest in a hit-and-run accident that killed a Fishtown man on his birthday two years ago.
26-year-old Robert Sickman of the 2600 block of Almond Street has been charged with driving under the influence and causing an accident involving death.
It happened in April 2011.
William McCue was walking home after celebrating his 28th birthday with friends when he was struck and killed in the 2500 block of Richmond Street.
Investigators later determined McCue rode the hood of the car that struck him for 50 feet before falling to the ground.
An off-duty Philadelphia police officer found him lying in the street at 2:30 a.m.
McCue was rushed to Hahnemann Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police say the striking vehicle was recovered the next morning.
A lengthy investigation finally led them to Sickman, who turned himself in on Tuesday.
hit and run, pedestrian struck, accident, homicide, fishtown, north philadelphia, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Healthcheck: Dealing with poison ivy 1 min ago