Arrest in deadly birthday hit and run in Fishtown
PHILADELPHIA - March 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have made an arrest in a hit-and-run accident that killed a Fishtown man on his birthday two years ago.
26-year-old Robert Sickman of the 2600 block of Almond Street has been charged with driving under the influence and causing an accident involving death.
It happened in April 2011.
William McCue was walking home after celebrating his 28th birthday with friends when he was struck and killed in the 2500 block of Richmond Street.
Investigators later determined McCue rode the hood of the car that struck him for 50 feet before falling to the ground.
An off-duty Philadelphia police officer found him lying in the street at 2:30 a.m.
McCue was rushed to Hahnemann Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police say the striking vehicle was recovered the next morning.
A lengthy investigation finally led them to Sickman, who turned himself in on Tuesday.
hit and run, pedestrian struck, accident, homicide, fishtown, north philadelphia, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 34 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 52 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ