Delaware County babysitter sentenced for toddler's murder
UPPER CHICHESTER, Pa. - March 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Delaware County babysitter was sentenced Tuesday for murdering the child she was caring for.
Heather Hess, 23, will serve 10 to 20 years plus 5 years probation for the death of 2½-year-old David Miller Jr.
The Upper Chichester woman initially claimed she found the boy unconscious back in December 2011 and that she pulled a plastic bottle cap from his throat.
But a medical examiner determined the boy died from blunt impact injuries to the head.
pennsylvania, delaware county, homicide, local/state
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95 47 min ago
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- East Oak Lane apartment fire under control 28 min ago
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
47 min ago