IDs of 4 killed in Emmaus fire released; cause sought
EMMAUS, Pa. - March 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have released the names of four people killed in a fire at a Lehigh County apartment building over the weekend.
The Lehigh County coroner's office said Tuesday that 48-year-old Melissa Twining, 16-year-old Montana Twining, 56-year-old Lena Marie Adamo and 65-year-old David Jenkins Jr. were killed in Sunday's fire in Emmaus, about 60 miles northwest of Philadelphia.
The coroner's office said all died of thermal injuries and smoke inhalation. Due to the victims' injuries, scientific identification methods were used to verify the identities.
Officials said the coroner's office, borough police and fire departments, state police and the county district attorney's office are investigating the fire and deaths.
The building had been a funeral home until the 1960s or 1970s, when it was converted into apartments.
pennsylvania, lehigh county, fire, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands 3 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 5 min ago
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 1 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly...
5 min ago