IDs of 4 killed in Emmaus fire released; cause sought
EMMAUS, Pa. - March 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have released the names of four people killed in a fire at a Lehigh County apartment building over the weekend.
The Lehigh County coroner's office said Tuesday that 48-year-old Melissa Twining, 16-year-old Montana Twining, 56-year-old Lena Marie Adamo and 65-year-old David Jenkins Jr. were killed in Sunday's fire in Emmaus, about 60 miles northwest of Philadelphia.
The coroner's office said all died of thermal injuries and smoke inhalation. Due to the victims' injuries, scientific identification methods were used to verify the identities.
Officials said the coroner's office, borough police and fire departments, state police and the county district attorney's office are investigating the fire and deaths.
The building had been a funeral home until the 1960s or 1970s, when it was converted into apartments.
pennsylvania, lehigh county, fire, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 58 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 23 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 23 min ago
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 23 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
9 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
58 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
23 min ago