IDs of 4 killed in Emmaus fire released; cause sought
EMMAUS, Pa. - March 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have released the names of four people killed in a fire at a Lehigh County apartment building over the weekend.
The Lehigh County coroner's office said Tuesday that 48-year-old Melissa Twining, 16-year-old Montana Twining, 56-year-old Lena Marie Adamo and 65-year-old David Jenkins Jr. were killed in Sunday's fire in Emmaus, about 60 miles northwest of Philadelphia.
The coroner's office said all died of thermal injuries and smoke inhalation. Due to the victims' injuries, scientific identification methods were used to verify the identities.
Officials said the coroner's office, borough police and fire departments, state police and the county district attorney's office are investigating the fire and deaths.
The building had been a funeral home until the 1960s or 1970s, when it was converted into apartments.
pennsylvania, lehigh county, fire, local/state
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 39 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold...
1 min ago