IDs of 4 killed in Emmaus fire released; cause sought
EMMAUS, Pa. - March 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have released the names of four people killed in a fire at a Lehigh County apartment building over the weekend.
The Lehigh County coroner's office said Tuesday that 48-year-old Melissa Twining, 16-year-old Montana Twining, 56-year-old Lena Marie Adamo and 65-year-old David Jenkins Jr. were killed in Sunday's fire in Emmaus, about 60 miles northwest of Philadelphia.
The coroner's office said all died of thermal injuries and smoke inhalation. Due to the victims' injuries, scientific identification methods were used to verify the identities.
Officials said the coroner's office, borough police and fire departments, state police and the county district attorney's office are investigating the fire and deaths.
The building had been a funeral home until the 1960s or 1970s, when it was converted into apartments.
pennsylvania, lehigh county, fire, local/state
- Delaware County mail carrier accused of theft
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Upper Providence police investigate 2 bank robberies 44 min ago
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load