IDs of 4 killed in Emmaus fire released; cause sought
EMMAUS, Pa. - March 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have released the names of four people killed in a fire at a Lehigh County apartment building over the weekend.
The Lehigh County coroner's office said Tuesday that 48-year-old Melissa Twining, 16-year-old Montana Twining, 56-year-old Lena Marie Adamo and 65-year-old David Jenkins Jr. were killed in Sunday's fire in Emmaus, about 60 miles northwest of Philadelphia.
The coroner's office said all died of thermal injuries and smoke inhalation. Due to the victims' injuries, scientific identification methods were used to verify the identities.
Officials said the coroner's office, borough police and fire departments, state police and the county district attorney's office are investigating the fire and deaths.
The building had been a funeral home until the 1960s or 1970s, when it was converted into apartments.
pennsylvania, lehigh county, fire, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges 13 min ago
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- World leaders bow, pray at Nelson Mandela's casket 33 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Nelson Mandela lies in state in Pretoria,...
32 min ago