Bethlehem school asks students to ax Axe Body Spray
BETHLEHEM, Pa. - March 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- An eastern Pennsylvania high school wants its students to cut back on the body spray.
Freedom High School in Bethlehem says one of its students was recently hospitalized for exposure to Axe Body Spray. Now, officials are asking students to stop using it as a cologne or fragrance while attending the school.
In a statement posted on the school website Tuesday, officials say the affected student is severely allergic to the spray and recently had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance after being exposed to it.
It wasn't immediately clear what type of reaction the student had, or what chemical in the spray may have caused the problem.
school, teens, bethlehem, pennsylvania, local/state
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook 26 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 45 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
27 min ago