Bethlehem school asks students to ax Axe Body Spray
BETHLEHEM, Pa. - March 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- An eastern Pennsylvania high school wants its students to cut back on the body spray.
Freedom High School in Bethlehem says one of its students was recently hospitalized for exposure to Axe Body Spray. Now, officials are asking students to stop using it as a cologne or fragrance while attending the school.
In a statement posted on the school website Tuesday, officials say the affected student is severely allergic to the spray and recently had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance after being exposed to it.
It wasn't immediately clear what type of reaction the student had, or what chemical in the spray may have caused the problem.
school, teens, bethlehem, pennsylvania, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville 18 min ago
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight 23 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states 15 min ago
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing 39 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list 58 min ago
- Search for missing college student from...
18 min ago
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit...
15 min ago
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA...
39 min ago
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
23 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos