SUV overturns, hits pole in Wilmington crash
WILMINGTON, Del. - March 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A two-vehicle accident in Wilmington sent a man and a woman to the hospital.
The crash happened around 8:00 a.m. at the intersection of Lancaster Avenue and Union Street.
Police say a Mercury Mountaineer was traveling eastbound on Lancaster Avenue when the driver disregarded a red light.
A Buick Roadmaster, traveling southbound on Union Street and travelling through the green light, was struck by the Mercury.
The force of the collision caused the Mountaineer to overturn and strike a utility pole and a traffic signal.
Both drivers were transported to Christiana Hospital for treatment.
The driver of the Mercury is charged with driving without a valid license, failure to stop at a red light, and failure to have insurance identification in possession.
wilmington, delaware, accident, local/state
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 17 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 33 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 38 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church 44 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 53 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to...
33 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
38 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila....
53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
54 min ago