SUV overturns, hits pole in Wilmington crash
WILMINGTON, Del. - March 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A two-vehicle accident in Wilmington sent a man and a woman to the hospital.
The crash happened around 8:00 a.m. at the intersection of Lancaster Avenue and Union Street.
Police say a Mercury Mountaineer was traveling eastbound on Lancaster Avenue when the driver disregarded a red light.
A Buick Roadmaster, traveling southbound on Union Street and travelling through the green light, was struck by the Mercury.
The force of the collision caused the Mountaineer to overturn and strike a utility pole and a traffic signal.
Both drivers were transported to Christiana Hospital for treatment.
The driver of the Mercury is charged with driving without a valid license, failure to stop at a red light, and failure to have insurance identification in possession.
wilmington, delaware, accident, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 57 min ago
- Windy and cold today 45 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 5 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications 32 min ago
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved 8 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs 48 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 2 struck, killed at SXSW festival in Texas
1 min ago