SUV overturns, hits pole in Wilmington crash
WILMINGTON, Del. - March 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A two-vehicle accident in Wilmington sent a man and a woman to the hospital.
The crash happened around 8:00 a.m. at the intersection of Lancaster Avenue and Union Street.
Police say a Mercury Mountaineer was traveling eastbound on Lancaster Avenue when the driver disregarded a red light.
A Buick Roadmaster, traveling southbound on Union Street and travelling through the green light, was struck by the Mercury.
The force of the collision caused the Mountaineer to overturn and strike a utility pole and a traffic signal.
Both drivers were transported to Christiana Hospital for treatment.
The driver of the Mercury is charged with driving without a valid license, failure to stop at a red light, and failure to have insurance identification in possession.
wilmington, delaware, accident, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 57 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 24 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom