SUV overturns, hits pole in Wilmington crash
WILMINGTON, Del. - March 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A two-vehicle accident in Wilmington sent a man and a woman to the hospital.
The crash happened around 8:00 a.m. at the intersection of Lancaster Avenue and Union Street.
Police say a Mercury Mountaineer was traveling eastbound on Lancaster Avenue when the driver disregarded a red light.
A Buick Roadmaster, traveling southbound on Union Street and travelling through the green light, was struck by the Mercury.
The force of the collision caused the Mountaineer to overturn and strike a utility pole and a traffic signal.
Both drivers were transported to Christiana Hospital for treatment.
The driver of the Mercury is charged with driving without a valid license, failure to stop at a red light, and failure to have insurance identification in possession.
wilmington, delaware, accident, local/state
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Temps soar above normal 13 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 59 min ago
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Attack in Center City caught on camera 52 min ago
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam 58 min ago
- Burglary suspect nabbed by quick-thinking neighbor
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
52 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
13 min ago