Man shot in face, torso, hands in Wilmington drive-by
WILMINGTON, Del. - March 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Wilmington, Delaware say a man was sitting in a vehicle Wednesday morning when a gunman opened fire, striking the victim multiple times.
The shooting happened at 11:10 a.m. on the 500 block of W 30th Street.
The investigation reveals that the gunman opened fire from a dark colored SUV.
The 34-year-old victim sustained multiple gunshot wounds to the face, torso and hands. He was transported to Christiana Hospital where he is listed in stable condition.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at 302-576-3990 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333. You can also submit a tip online at www.tipsubmit.com.
wilmington, delaware, shooting, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids