Man shot in face, torso, hands in Wilmington drive-by
WILMINGTON, Del. - March 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Wilmington, Delaware say a man was sitting in a vehicle Wednesday morning when a gunman opened fire, striking the victim multiple times.
The shooting happened at 11:10 a.m. on the 500 block of W 30th Street.
The investigation reveals that the gunman opened fire from a dark colored SUV.
The 34-year-old victim sustained multiple gunshot wounds to the face, torso and hands. He was transported to Christiana Hospital where he is listed in stable condition.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at 302-576-3990 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333. You can also submit a tip online at www.tipsubmit.com.
wilmington, delaware, shooting, local/state
- Delaware County mail carrier accused of theft
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Healthcheck: Dealing with poison ivy