Water main break floods street in Lawndale
LAWNDALE - March 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Crews are on the scene of a water main break in the Lawndale section of Philadelphia.
Chopper 6 was over the scene around 6:00 a.m. Wednesday at the intersection of Rising Sun Avenue and Knorr Street where water could be seen surging from under a manhole cover.
Utility workers arrived at the location a short time later and since then have been trying to repair the break.
Rising Sun Avenue is closed from Knorr Street to Martins Mill Road.
Authorities expect that part of Rising Sun to be closed through the evening rush hour.
lawndale, water main break, philadelphia, local/state
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 9 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
44 min ago