Water main break floods street in Lawndale
LAWNDALE - March 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Crews are on the scene of a water main break in the Lawndale section of Philadelphia.
Chopper 6 was over the scene around 6:00 a.m. Wednesday at the intersection of Rising Sun Avenue and Knorr Street where water could be seen surging from under a manhole cover.
Utility workers arrived at the location a short time later and since then have been trying to repair the break.
Rising Sun Avenue is closed from Knorr Street to Martins Mill Road.
Authorities expect that part of Rising Sun to be closed through the evening rush hour.
lawndale, water main break, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street 29 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- No charges for FSU's Jameis Winston 15 min ago
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's