Pa. school set to vote on expulsion of teen actor
ASTON, Pa. (AP) - March 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A suburban Philadelphia school board is set to vote on whether to expel a teen actor who got into an altercation with his director while playing Daddy Warbucks in the musical "Annie."
Seventeen-year-old Sun Valley High School senior Sam Schmucker is serving a suspension for the incident several weeks ago. The Delaware County Daily Times reports the Penn-Delco School Board is scheduled to vote Wednesday night whether to expel him.
Last week, Schmucker told the board that he got into the altercation with director John Baxter after his girlfriend complained to him about something he said. Schmucker says he grabbed Baxter by the shirt and used "colorful language."
The school suspended Schmucker and removed him from the play. His classmates have launched a social media campaign to support him.
teens, school, delaware county, delaware, local/state
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in missing Malaysian jet 27 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend! 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 12 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
16 min ago
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in missing...
27 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
12 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos