Pa. school set to vote on expulsion of teen actor
ASTON, Pa. (AP) - March 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A suburban Philadelphia school board is set to vote on whether to expel a teen actor who got into an altercation with his director while playing Daddy Warbucks in the musical "Annie."
Seventeen-year-old Sun Valley High School senior Sam Schmucker is serving a suspension for the incident several weeks ago. The Delaware County Daily Times reports the Penn-Delco School Board is scheduled to vote Wednesday night whether to expel him.
Last week, Schmucker told the board that he got into the altercation with director John Baxter after his girlfriend complained to him about something he said. Schmucker says he grabbed Baxter by the shirt and used "colorful language."
The school suspended Schmucker and removed him from the play. His classmates have launched a social media campaign to support him.
teens, school, delaware county, delaware, local/state
- Police search for missing Delco mother 4 min ago
- Record Warmth! 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man 35 min ago
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 39 min ago
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova...
39 min ago
- Record Warmth!
1 min ago