Pa. school set to vote on expulsion of teen actor
ASTON, Pa. (AP) - March 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A suburban Philadelphia school board is set to vote on whether to expel a teen actor who got into an altercation with his director while playing Daddy Warbucks in the musical "Annie."
Seventeen-year-old Sun Valley High School senior Sam Schmucker is serving a suspension for the incident several weeks ago. The Delaware County Daily Times reports the Penn-Delco School Board is scheduled to vote Wednesday night whether to expel him.
Last week, Schmucker told the board that he got into the altercation with director John Baxter after his girlfriend complained to him about something he said. Schmucker says he grabbed Baxter by the shirt and used "colorful language."
The school suspended Schmucker and removed him from the play. His classmates have launched a social media campaign to support him.
teens, school, delaware county, delaware, local/state
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
24 min ago