Arrest in man's murder in front of 5-year-old in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - March 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have made an arrest in the murder of a man who was killed in front of his 5-year-old son two days before Christmas.
Jahmir Harris, 23, of the 1600 block of Ringgold Street, was arrested on Sunday and charged with the murder of 45-year-old Louis Porter.
The shooting happened outside the Walgreens Pharmacy on the 2300 block of Oregon Avenue in South Philadelphia on December 23rd.
Surveillance video showed Porter pulling his vehicle into the parking lot with his 5-year-old son in the passenger seat.
As he was about to walk up to the store another car pulled up, the driver got out and fired 17 shots.
Porter was shot in the head.
The video shows the 5-year-old running from the scene into the arms of a bystander. He was not hurt.
Investigators say Harris was identified as a suspect by a witness.
Police have not disclosed a motive for Porter's murder.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, shooting, homicide, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos