Getting out of car, man shot in the head in Hunting Park
HUNTING PARK - March 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the gunman who shot a 40-year-old man in the head as he was getting out of a car in the Hunting Park section of Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
The incident occurred just before 12:30 a.m. at the intersection of 13th and West Butler Streets.
According to police, the suspect shot a man once in the left ear as he was getting out of a car and fled the scene.
The 47-year-old victim was rushed to Temple University Hospital in critical condition.
Police have made no arrests and are trying to determine the motive for the shooting.
shooting, hunting park, philadelphia, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 22 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 26 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies