Getting out of car, man shot in the head in Hunting Park
HUNTING PARK - March 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the gunman who shot a 40-year-old man in the head as he was getting out of a car in the Hunting Park section of Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
The incident occurred just before 12:30 a.m. at the intersection of 13th and West Butler Streets.
According to police, the suspect shot a man once in the left ear as he was getting out of a car and fled the scene.
The 47-year-old victim was rushed to Temple University Hospital in critical condition.
Police have made no arrests and are trying to determine the motive for the shooting.
shooting, hunting park, philadelphia, local/state
- Comfortable, but breezy. 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 53 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- Comfortable, but breezy.
8 min ago