Getting out of car, man shot in the head in Hunting Park
HUNTING PARK - March 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the gunman who shot a 40-year-old man in the head as he was getting out of a car in the Hunting Park section of Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
The incident occurred just before 12:30 a.m. at the intersection of 13th and West Butler Streets.
According to police, the suspect shot a man once in the left ear as he was getting out of a car and fled the scene.
The 47-year-old victim was rushed to Temple University Hospital in critical condition.
Police have made no arrests and are trying to determine the motive for the shooting.
shooting, hunting park, philadelphia, local/state
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 19 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 10 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 21 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 40 min ago
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia 36 min ago
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
14 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
21 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N....
40 min ago