Fire destroys North Philadelphia bar
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - March 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a fire destroyed a bar in North Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
The fire broke out just past 2:00 a.m. at Edgar's Place, located on the 1800 block of West Cumberland Streets.
Firefighters arrived to heavy fire showing on the first floor of the two-story building.
The bar was occupied when the flames first broke out, but everyone was able to get out safely.
The fire left the bar gutted and investigators are searching for the cause.
fire, north philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
24 min ago