Triple shooting in Philadelphia caught on video, gunman at large
PHILADELPHIA - March 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have released surveillance video of a triple shooting as the search continues for the gunman.
The shooting happened at 10:34 p.m. on Tuesday outside a Chinese food store at 6600 North 18th Street in the West Oak Lane section.
Police say the gunman walked up to the front door and fired a shot at the victims.
Surveillance video from inside the store shows the victims struggling to keep the door closed as the gunman tries to force his way inside while brandishing his weapon.
After struggling for a few moments, another surveillance camera - placed outside the store - shows the man back up and fire several shots through the glass door, hitting the victims inside.
The gunman then fled north on 18th Street from 66th Avenue.
The three victims suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
The suspect is described as a black male standing 6'0" to 6'2" tall. He has a medium build, a beard or goatee, and was wearing a dark-colored sweatshirt that may have had a Nike logo on the front. He was also wearing dark-colored pants and baseball batting gloves.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through phillypolice.com.
philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Temps Soar 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 7 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 29 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Temps Soar
21 min ago