Gas leak forces brief evacuations in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - March 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Some people were briefly evacuated in South Philadelphia because of a gas leak.
It happened around 3:00 p.m. in the 2300 block of South Franklin Street.
Authorities on the scene say someone ripped a meter out of a house, causing the leak.
Nine houses were evacuated until the situation was brought under control an hour later.
Everyone has since been allowed home.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, gas leak, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 3 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County 23 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 16 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 18 min ago
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
14 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
3 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun...
18 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
23 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos