Amtrak station evacuated because of suspicious item
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - March 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police say the city's Amtrak station was evacuated after a report of a suspicious package.
Authorities said they received a 911 call about a suspicious item on the steps of the train station Thursday afternoon.
A bomb squad responded to the scene and police closed off surrounding streets as the station was evacuated.
A police spokesman described the suspicious item as a pipe or a stick wrapped in a T-shirt.
delaware, amtrak, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos