Amtrak station evacuated because of suspicious item
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - March 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police say the city's Amtrak station was evacuated after a report of a suspicious package.
Authorities said they received a 911 call about a suspicious item on the steps of the train station Thursday afternoon.
A bomb squad responded to the scene and police closed off surrounding streets as the station was evacuated.
A police spokesman described the suspicious item as a pipe or a stick wrapped in a T-shirt.
delaware, amtrak, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm 38 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice 57 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds 49 min ago
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants 47 min ago
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada 46 min ago
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
38 min ago