Man posing as Water Dept. employee robs NE Phila. woman
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - March 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man posing as a Water Department employee robbed a woman in Northeast Philadelphia Thursday night.
It was shortly after 6:00 p.m. when the victim heard a knock on the door of her home, located iin the 9700 block of Morefield Road.
She tells police that when she answered, the man put her in the bathroom as he looted her home.
The robber reportedly ran off with $2,500 worth of jewelry.
The woman was not hurt.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run 34 min ago
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting 53 min ago
- Female suspect arrested in Christmas package theft 12 min ago
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish 33 min ago
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool 17 min ago
- Photos: East Passyunk Avenue Tree Lighting Party
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
34 min ago
- Female suspect arrested in Christmas...
12 min ago
- Video released in pizza delivery driver...
53 min ago
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as...
17 min ago