1 dead, 1 injured in Mullica Township car crash
MULLICA TWP., N.J. - March 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the driver killed in a violent crash in Mullica Township, New Jersey Thursday night.
The incident happened around 9:30 p.m. at Reading and Frazier Avenues in the Devonshire section of the township.
Police say a 2001 Suzuki Sidekick SUV flipped over, killing the driver.
The front seat passenger was air lifted to AtlantiCare Regional Health Care, Atlantic City Division for treatment. One other passenger was transported to the hospital by ambulance.
A fourth occupant refused medical treatment.
The deceased driver is identified as 66-year-old John Perona of the Elwood section of Mullica Township.
Police say that preliminary findings lead them to believe that the vehicle may have been speeding while attempting to negotiate a sharp turn in the road.
The collision is still under investigation. Anyone with information is urged to contact the police department at 609-561-7600.
accident, atlantic county, new jersey, local/state
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 47 min ago
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 20 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 45 min ago
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser 46 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 3 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 2 min ago
- Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
43 min ago
- Firefighters rescue puppy from sewer drain
42 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
47 min ago
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police...
46 min ago