1 dead, 1 injured in Mullica Township car crash
MULLICA TWP., N.J. - March 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the driver killed in a violent crash in Mullica Township, New Jersey Thursday night.
The incident happened around 9:30 p.m. at Reading and Frazier Avenues in the Devonshire section of the township.
Police say a 2001 Suzuki Sidekick SUV flipped over, killing the driver.
The front seat passenger was air lifted to AtlantiCare Regional Health Care, Atlantic City Division for treatment. One other passenger was transported to the hospital by ambulance.
A fourth occupant refused medical treatment.
The deceased driver is identified as 66-year-old John Perona of the Elwood section of Mullica Township.
Police say that preliminary findings lead them to believe that the vehicle may have been speeding while attempting to negotiate a sharp turn in the road.
The collision is still under investigation. Anyone with information is urged to contact the police department at 609-561-7600.
accident, atlantic county, new jersey, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 8 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ