Woman stabbed to death in Point Breeze identified
POINT BREEZE - March 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have released the name of the woman who was stabbed to death and later found by her son inside her Point Breeze home.
The victim, identified 42-year-old Elaine Brooks, was found around 9:15 Friday night at her home on the 1900 block of Reed Street.
Brooks' body was discovered by her 21-year-old son.
"When I looked out my door, he was kneeled on my steps crying. When I opened the door, he came in and said 'I think she's dead," said Bobby Herring, neighbor.
Herring called 911 while the victim's son cried on his doorstep. He says the body was in the doorway covered in stab wounds.
"I saw the blood. It was all dry like she had been there for over 24 hours. I haven't seen here since Tuesday," said Herring.
Neighbors say they heard music blasting from the home around the clock in the days leading up to the gruesome discovery.
Those who knew Brooks on her block say she kept to herself and her friends were from the neighborhood.
"Actually kind of nervous. It's so close to home, it's right next door," said Herring.
Investigators spent the night questioning the victim's son and Herring as they try to establish a timeline.
No word on any suspects or a motive.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through phillypolice.com.
philadelphia, point breeze, stabbing, homicide, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 47 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 34 min ago