Woman stabbed to death in Point Breeze identified
POINT BREEZE - March 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have released the name of the woman who was stabbed to death and later found by her son inside her Point Breeze home.
The victim, identified 42-year-old Elaine Brooks, was found around 9:15 Friday night at her home on the 1900 block of Reed Street.
Brooks' body was discovered by her 21-year-old son.
"When I looked out my door, he was kneeled on my steps crying. When I opened the door, he came in and said 'I think she's dead," said Bobby Herring, neighbor.
Herring called 911 while the victim's son cried on his doorstep. He says the body was in the doorway covered in stab wounds.
"I saw the blood. It was all dry like she had been there for over 24 hours. I haven't seen here since Tuesday," said Herring.
Neighbors say they heard music blasting from the home around the clock in the days leading up to the gruesome discovery.
Those who knew Brooks on her block say she kept to herself and her friends were from the neighborhood.
"Actually kind of nervous. It's so close to home, it's right next door," said Herring.
Investigators spent the night questioning the victim's son and Herring as they try to establish a timeline.
No word on any suspects or a motive.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through phillypolice.com.
philadelphia, point breeze, stabbing, homicide, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine 11 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape 47 min ago