Carbon Monoxide scare at Whitpain Twp. grocery store
WHITPAIN TWP., Pa. - March 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Emergency crews responded to a grocery store in Whitpain Township, Montgomery County early Saturday where they found high levels of carbon monoxide.
Firefighters were called around 5:30 a.m. to the Giant Food Store located on the 1700 block of Dekalb Pike after an alarm was activated inside the grocery store.
Arriving crews took carbon monoxide readings in the store and detected elevated readings inside of the 24 hour grocery store.
It is not known how many people were inside when firefighters arrived, but EMS crews evaluated 15 people at the scene for any symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.
There were no reports of anyone having been transported to the hospital.
The store was later given the all clear and resumed normal service.
montgomery county, pennsylvania, carbon monoxide, local/state
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck, killed on Broad Street
- 4 shot outside Del. club after Meek Mill performance 50 min ago
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist 10 min ago
- Cab driver shot outside N. Phila. after-hours club 11 min ago
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice 40 min ago
- Cab driver shot outside N. Phila....
11 min ago
- 4 shot outside Del. club after Meek Mill...
50 min ago