Man shot during brawl at New Castle bar
NEW CASTLE, Del. - March 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a Wilmington man was shot in the leg during a brawl at a New Castle bar.
Police say the shooting occurred just before 1 a.m. Saturday in the 3800 block of North DuPont Highway.
Investigators say patrons rushed out of the bar after a large fight began. During the brawl, a 30-year-old man was struck in the face with a pool stick, knocking him to the ground. State Police say the man was shot in the leg as he stood up.
The shooting victim was taken in a private vehicle to a local hospital where he was treated for the wound that state police say was not considered life-threatening.
new castle county, delaware, shooting, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 45 min ago
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ