Car careens toward river on MLK Drive
FAIRMOUNT PARK - March 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- The driver of a car escaped disaster overnight when he lost control of his car on Martin Luther King Drive and narrowly missed ending up in the Schuylkill River.
The crash happened around 1:00 a.m. on Martin Luther King Drive, just past Sweet Briar Road in Fairmount Park.
Police tell Action News the vehicle was traveling west on Martin Luther King Drive when the driver lost control and ran off the roadway toward the river.
The vehicle stopped just short of the water on the bank of the Schuylkill River.
A passing motorist stopped and assisted the male driver from his car and to safety.
Arriving police took the male into custody for DUI.
fairmount park, philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 2 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Video: President Obama impersonator meets the real... 25 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos