Car slams into porch in Wilmington crash
WILMINGTON, Del. - March 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Castle County authorities are investigating an overnight crash that sent a car careening into a Wilmington home.
Police tell Action News it was around 1:30 a.m. when the driver lost control of the vehicle near the intersection of Dupont Road and Taft Avenue.
The car ran off the road and into the front porch of a home, causing substantial damage to the front porch of the residence.
The driver of the car was treated for minor injuries at a local hospital and released. Three other occupants of the car were not injured.
The accident remains under investigation by New Castle County Police.
None of the homes occupants were injured in the crash.
wilmington, delaware, accident, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 37 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 21 min ago
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man 46 min ago
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 35 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 9 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Suspects sought for shooting into home
35 min ago
- Saving with 6abc: Shopping seasonally
57 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos