Car slams into porch in Wilmington crash
WILMINGTON, Del. - March 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Castle County authorities are investigating an overnight crash that sent a car careening into a Wilmington home.
Police tell Action News it was around 1:30 a.m. when the driver lost control of the vehicle near the intersection of Dupont Road and Taft Avenue.
The car ran off the road and into the front porch of a home, causing substantial damage to the front porch of the residence.
The driver of the car was treated for minor injuries at a local hospital and released. Three other occupants of the car were not injured.
The accident remains under investigation by New Castle County Police.
None of the homes occupants were injured in the crash.
wilmington, delaware, accident, local/state
- Police: Missing boy struck by car
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting