Car slams into porch in Wilmington crash
WILMINGTON, Del. - March 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Castle County authorities are investigating an overnight crash that sent a car careening into a Wilmington home.
Police tell Action News it was around 1:30 a.m. when the driver lost control of the vehicle near the intersection of Dupont Road and Taft Avenue.
The car ran off the road and into the front porch of a home, causing substantial damage to the front porch of the residence.
The driver of the car was treated for minor injuries at a local hospital and released. Three other occupants of the car were not injured.
The accident remains under investigation by New Castle County Police.
None of the homes occupants were injured in the crash.
wilmington, delaware, accident, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild! 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected 21 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike 3 min ago
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Breezy And Mild!
24 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos