Man shot multiple times in Point Breeze
POINT BREEZE - March 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man is in critical condition after he was shot multiple times in the head and body late Friday night in Philadelphia's Point Breeze section.
Police responded around 11:00 p.m. to the intersection of 22nd and Wharton streets. There they found the 36-year-old victim lying on the roadway having suffered three gunshot wounds to the head, a single gunshot wound to the back and a gunshot wound to the left shoulder.
Officers transported the man to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he remains in critical condition.
The gunman is described as a black male, wearing a dark hat, blue hooded sweatshirt, and dark colored pants.
No arrests have been made at this time.
point breeze, philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy 13 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW Philadelphia 20 min ago
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
13 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos