Man shot multiple times in Point Breeze
POINT BREEZE - March 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man is in critical condition after he was shot multiple times in the head and body late Friday night in Philadelphia's Point Breeze section.
Police responded around 11:00 p.m. to the intersection of 22nd and Wharton streets. There they found the 36-year-old victim lying on the roadway having suffered three gunshot wounds to the head, a single gunshot wound to the back and a gunshot wound to the left shoulder.
Officers transported the man to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he remains in critical condition.
The gunman is described as a black male, wearing a dark hat, blue hooded sweatshirt, and dark colored pants.
No arrests have been made at this time.
point breeze, philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 1 min ago
- Windy and cold today 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft 51 min ago
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 2 weeks after waking up in body bag, Miss. man dies 27 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting 58 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad