Del. man charged with threatening 2 with knife
SEAFORD, Del. - March 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a man from Laurel, Delaware threatened two people with a knife before leading police on a pursuit.
48-year-old Patrick A. Price was arrested Friday and charged with fourth offense driving a vehicle under the influence of alcohol, possession of a deadly weapon during the commission of a felony, two counts of aggravated menacing, criminal mischief over $5,000, resisting arrest with force or violence, disregarding a police officer's signal, offensive touching of a law enforcement officer, two counts of criminal mischief under $1,000, driving while suspended or revoked, and numerous traffic offenses.
Police say the charges stem from an incident that began at 12:58 p.m. Friday as a 58-year-old woman and a 24-year-old man waited outside a home in the 25000 block of Park Circle in Seaford.
The woman spotted a blue Jeep Wrangler driving down the street, and thinking it was a friend, she tapped the horn of her vehicle.
The Jeep stopped in front of the residence and Price got out, armed with a knife.
According to police, Price yelled at the victims as they ran. He then allegedly got back into his Jeep and sped off.
Officers responding to the incident spotted the Jeep on Sussex Highway and engaged the pursuit. Price's Jeep turned onto Waller Road and eventually made a right turn into a wheat field before driving onto Boyce Road.
Police say Price drove back and forth through the wheat field and onto Boyce and Waller Roads several times in an effort to elude officers. It was during these maneuvers that the Jeep struck a State Police vehicle, causing minor damage. The pursuit also caused thousands of dollars worth of damage to the wheat crop.
Price eventually drove to his residence in the 10000 block of Waller Road, got out of the Jeep, and attempted to flee on foot. However, that's when police managed to capture and restrain him after a lengthy struggle, which included two unsuccessful Taser deployments.
Price was committed to Sussex Correctional Institute on $17,250 cash bail.
delaware, police, police chase, local/state
- Mug shot released of McNabb after DUI arrest 20 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 37 min ago
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Frost Advisory Overnight
32 min ago