Fort Dix bus crash leaves 14 injured
JOINT BASE MCGUIRE-DIX-LAKEHURST, N.J. (AP - March 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- The U.S. Air Force says a bus and private vehicle have collided at a New Jersey military base, injuring 14 service members.
Authorities say in a news release that the crash happened Saturday afternoon at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst. Service members in both the bus and vehicle were injured.
Two of the injured were in serious but stable condition. They were treated at hospitals and have since been released.
Twelve others were in stable condition. They were treated at the scene and taken to hospitals.
Base deputy commander Col. Charles Coursey thanked first responders and said their quick actions likely saved lives.
The joint base is located in central New Jersey, less than 20 miles south of the state capital of Trenton.
new jersey, trenton, accident, fort dix, local/state
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 10 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub 53 min ago
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary 56 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire 8 min ago
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park...
10 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
53 min ago