Woman struck, killed by New Jersey Transit train
GALLOWAY TWP., N.J. - March 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- A pedestrian was struck and killed by a train in Galloway Township, Atlantic County.
It happened around 10:30 Saturday night on South Genoa Avenue.
Authorities say a woman was struck by a New Jersey Transit train. She was later pronounced dead.
The train was heading to Philadelphia from Atlantic City.
No word on the victim's identity.
The accident remains under investigation.
new jersey, atlantic county, accident, train accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ 29 min ago
- Winter's Last Blast 55 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City 54 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Winter's Last Blast
55 min ago
- Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
54 min ago