2 teens critical, driver faces DUI charges in Roosevelt Blvd. crash
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - March 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a crash on Roosevelt Boulevard that sent two teenagers to the hospital in critical condition.
The crash occurred around 3:30 a.m. Sunday in the northbound lanes of the Boulevard just south of Woodhaven Road.
Police tell Action News the driver somehow lost control, swerved off the road, and struck a tree.
The car then burst into flames.
Police say all six people in the car were taken to Aria Health Torresdale Campus for evaluation.
Two passengers, an 18-year-old male and an 18-year-old female, are in critical condition.
Police say the 20-year-old driver has been charged with DUI and related offenses.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 25 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 5 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 21 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 23 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 19 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures