2 teens critical, driver faces DUI charges in Roosevelt Blvd. crash
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - March 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a crash on Roosevelt Boulevard that sent two teenagers to the hospital in critical condition.
The crash occurred around 3:30 a.m. Sunday in the northbound lanes of the Boulevard just south of Woodhaven Road.
Police tell Action News the driver somehow lost control, swerved off the road, and struck a tree.
The car then burst into flames.
Police say all six people in the car were taken to Aria Health Torresdale Campus for evaluation.
Two passengers, an 18-year-old male and an 18-year-old female, are in critical condition.
Police say the 20-year-old driver has been charged with DUI and related offenses.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler 54 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash 39 min ago
- Mattress catches fire in townhouse in Whitemarsh 7 min ago
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft 1 min ago
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash 7 min ago
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy....
39 min ago