2 teens critical, driver faces DUI charges in Roosevelt Blvd. crash
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - March 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a crash on Roosevelt Boulevard that sent two teenagers to the hospital in critical condition.
The crash occurred around 3:30 a.m. Sunday in the northbound lanes of the Boulevard just south of Woodhaven Road.
Police tell Action News the driver somehow lost control, swerved off the road, and struck a tree.
The car then burst into flames.
Police say all six people in the car were taken to Aria Health Torresdale Campus for evaluation.
Two passengers, an 18-year-old male and an 18-year-old female, are in critical condition.
Police say the 20-year-old driver has been charged with DUI and related offenses.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose