Baby of slain Plymouth Twp. Police Officer Brad Fox born
PLYMOUTH TWP., Pa. - March 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- The baby of a Montgomery County police officer, who was killed in the line of duty, was born on Monday morning.
Bradley Michael Fox Jr. was born at 8:48 a.m. He weighed in at seven pounds, 11 ounces and is 20.75 inches long.
Baby Bradley was born to Lynsay Fox, the widow of Plymouth Township Police Officer Brad Fox.
Lynsay gave Action News permission to use the photo on Thursday, which shows him holding his father's badge.
It is the couple's second child.
Fox, a decorated Marine Corps veteran, was ambushed by Andrew Thomas following a pursuit back in September.
Police say Fox was looking for Thomas, who drove down the wrong lane past an accident scene in a stolen SUV. Investigators say Thomas ambushed Fox, firing four shots from a hidden elevated position along the Schuylkill River Trail.
Investigators say Thomas then turned the gun on himself.
The gun used in the crime was later alleged to have been bought through a 'straw purchase.' The 'Brad Fox Law,' a crackdown on gun straw purchasers, was signed into law back in January.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Jordan Brown murder case goes to Pa. high court 13 min ago
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County 37 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 29 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 6 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm