Baby of slain Plymouth Twp. Police Officer Brad Fox born
PLYMOUTH TWP., Pa. - March 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- The baby of a Montgomery County police officer, who was killed in the line of duty, was born on Monday morning.
Bradley Michael Fox Jr. was born at 8:48 a.m. He weighed in at seven pounds, 11 ounces and is 20.75 inches long.
Baby Bradley was born to Lynsay Fox, the widow of Plymouth Township Police Officer Brad Fox.
Lynsay gave Action News permission to use the photo on Thursday, which shows him holding his father's badge.
It is the couple's second child.
Fox, a decorated Marine Corps veteran, was ambushed by Andrew Thomas following a pursuit back in September.
Police say Fox was looking for Thomas, who drove down the wrong lane past an accident scene in a stolen SUV. Investigators say Thomas ambushed Fox, firing four shots from a hidden elevated position along the Schuylkill River Trail.
Investigators say Thomas then turned the gun on himself.
The gun used in the crime was later alleged to have been bought through a 'straw purchase.' The 'Brad Fox Law,' a crackdown on gun straw purchasers, was signed into law back in January.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 8 min ago
- Milder Monday 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 8 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 8 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 8 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Milder Monday
48 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
8 min ago