Revel Casino in Atlantic City officially files for bankruptcy
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - March 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Atlantic City's Revel Casino has officially filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy re-organization.
The plan would give lenders equity in the casino in exchange for the debt they are owed.
A majority of lenders have signed into the plan.
The hope is that it should reduce debt by 82 percent, but won't affect employees, visitors, or vendors.
Revel executives plan to come out of Chapter 11 by early summer, in time for the busy season.
new jersey, atlantic city, casinos, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app 8 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others 41 min ago
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in 23 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections
36 min ago