Revel Casino in Atlantic City officially files for bankruptcy
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - March 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Atlantic City's Revel Casino has officially filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy re-organization.
The plan would give lenders equity in the casino in exchange for the debt they are owed.
A majority of lenders have signed into the plan.
The hope is that it should reduce debt by 82 percent, but won't affect employees, visitors, or vendors.
Revel executives plan to come out of Chapter 11 by early summer, in time for the busy season.
new jersey, atlantic city, casinos, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 5 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 42 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 49 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 20 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute 46 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 53 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 28 min ago
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 15 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 48 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
5 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
1 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
20 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card...
46 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos