Man found shot dead on a Kensington street
KENSINGTON - March 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are trying to identify a man who was shot dead on a Kensington street late Monday night.
The incident happened just before midnight on the 3400 block of J Street near Kensington Avenue.
Police say the victim was found shot multiple times in his back and pronounced dead at the scene.
Police found bullet casings around the corner.
They believe that's where the shooting may have started.
Action News was told that the gunman was seen fleeing on foot from the location.
So far, there is no word on a motive for the shooting.
Police are checking out the surveillance video from the local businesses in the area.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the police.
kensington, homicide, philadelphia, local/state
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Clouds, some sun, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover 17 min ago
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in local scam
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion