3 people stabbed in Pa. Target store; man arrested
PITTSBURGH (AP) - March 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have identified a man who allegedly stabbed three people at a Target store in Pittsburgh, including a 16-year-old girl who remains hospitalized.
Court records show that 41-year-old Leon Raymond Walls is being held in Allegheny County Jail, unable to post $250,000 bond.
Investigators say Walls ran into the store in the East Liberty neighborhood on Monday after a fight nearby. They say he slashed two men and stabbed and seriously injured the girl.
Police say she remains in serious condition with cuts to the back and arm.
Authorities say two men followed Walls into the store searching for him. Walls then allegedly ran toward the checkout lanes and grabbed the girl, who was standing with family members.
Court papers didn't list a home address or attorney for Walls.
target, stabbing, pittsburgh, pennsylvania, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 2 min ago
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 3 min ago
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings 5 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News 19 min ago
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Police raid alleged chop shop in South Philadelphia
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
2 min ago