$500,000 in jewelry, bags taken from Villanova home
VILLANOVA, Pa. (AP) - March 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for someone who stole $500,000 worth of jewelry and designer handbags from a Villanova home while its owners were gone.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports the thefts happened last week. Authorities say the suspect apparently got into the home through a sliding glass rear window and ransacked most of the house.
The items taken included two Hermes Birkin handbags valued at $15,000 each, a red Gucci evening bag valued at $4,000 and a wedding engagement ring valued at $80,000. Police say the thief also netted diamond earrings worth $10,000 and a woman's Cartier watch worth $25,000.
Investigators say the homeowners had left for a few hours and found the house ransacked when they returned.
No arrests have been announced.
Information from: Delaware County Daily Times, http://www.delcotimes.com
pennsylvania, villanova, theft, break-in, burglary, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 51 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 28 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 20 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 24 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 13 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
15 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
33 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
30 min ago