Teen killed by car in Willingboro parking lot ID'd
WILLINGBORO, N.J. - March 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Willingboro, New Jersey have released the name of the teen who was struck and killed in a shopping plaza parking lot.
De'Jour Benson, 17, of Willingboro, died after being hit by a car in the East Ridge Plaza at 621 Beverly-Rancocas Road at 11:23 p.m. Friday.
Benson was rushed to Cooper University Hospital, but later died.
Police say the circumstances surrounding the incident remain under investigation.
There was no word on if investigators believe this was an accident or a crime.
The Willingboro School District said on its website that Benson was a senior and was the son of a security officer.
Benson's funeral will be held at 2:00 p.m. Thursday at the Living Faith Christian Center in Pennsauken.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests visitors "like" the Dejour K. Benson Memorial Fund page on Facebook.
new jersey, burlington county, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police