Teen killed by car in Willingboro parking lot ID'd
WILLINGBORO, N.J. - March 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Willingboro, New Jersey have released the name of the teen who was struck and killed in a shopping plaza parking lot.
De'Jour Benson, 17, of Willingboro, died after being hit by a car in the East Ridge Plaza at 621 Beverly-Rancocas Road at 11:23 p.m. Friday.
Benson was rushed to Cooper University Hospital, but later died.
Police say the circumstances surrounding the incident remain under investigation.
There was no word on if investigators believe this was an accident or a crime.
The Willingboro School District said on its website that Benson was a senior and was the son of a security officer.
Benson's funeral will be held at 2:00 p.m. Thursday at the Living Faith Christian Center in Pennsauken.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests visitors "like" the Dejour K. Benson Memorial Fund page on Facebook.
new jersey, burlington county, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby 14 min ago
- Philadelphia police officer's stolen SUV found 32 min ago
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's
- Video: First dog knocks down toddler at White House